WHY SHEDDING WEIGHT IS CHALLENGING?
Shedding weight is a very challenging task. Even for a very strong willed person, it extracts its pound of flesh in terms of persistence and effort. Most of us invest a lot of time, energy and possibly money also to get in shape. We plan our diets, enroll in Gyms, seek advice from friends etc. But still the success is not commensurate with the expectations. What may be the reasons? We often wonder and ponder over this perpetual question. For me, the reasons seem to be
Boredom and monotony of the plan Impractical and unimplementable diet routine Lack of persistence Unrealistic goal expectations in too short a time
EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS UNIQUE
Most of us, including myself at times are impressed by popular fads than by our own logic and requirements. Every individual is unique and has different health-related targets. Some have a goal of just shedding a few pounds, but others may not worry about the weight at all. They simply want to increase their endurance and overall fitness. The expectations of every individual may vary, but one aspect is sure. They all need a
Simple solutionImplementable solutionResult oriented solution
HOLISTIC APPROACH IS THE SOLUTION
All of us cannot spend hours in the gym or on running outdoor tracks. So for all those who are looking for some holistic approach to weight loss which can really help in the long run, I prefer to advise them to follow Kapalbhati.
Kapalbhati is an ancient breathing technique which is also known by the name of fire breathing. It is useful even if done only a few minutes per day. The good news is that it especially works on stubborn abdominal fat and brings your entire system to balance. The literal meaning of Kapalbhati is shining forehead. But to me, it actually signifies Shining health.
HOW TO DO IT
- Sit comfortably on a mat with your spine erect and place your hands on your knees facing towards the sky.
- This exercise includes both inhalation and exhalation.
- Take a deep breath and now as you exhale, try to pull your stomach in towards your spine. You should try to pull it in from around the navel area.
- After exhalation, inhale normally. Relax your stomach and spine while inhalation.
- Start initially with twenty rounds, each round consisting of one inhalation and one exhalation,
- The exhalation has to be forceful and rapid whereas inhalation has to be normal.
- After understanding the technique you can increase it up to 60 rounds per minute.
- Those who have mastered this expertise do up to 120 rounds per minutes.
- Persistence is more important than the number of rounds.
- During normal breathing, inhalation is an active process and exhalation is a passive process. But during Kapalbhati, the inhalation becomes a passive process and exhalation takes the form of an active process.
- Regular practicing of kapalbhati is known to cleanse the lungs and rejuvenate the entire respiratory system.
- The body gets increased supply of oxygen.
- Regular practitioners of this technique vouch for its anti- wrinkles effects and rejuvenating results on the skin.
- Kapalbhati is the most favored breathing exercise by the experts to lose weight and control obesity.
- Proponents agree that it can reduce blood sugar levels if practiced correctly.
- If done regularly, it gives a flat, toned tummy and adds luster and glow to the face.
- Kapalbhati reduces the stress and thus controls the depression in the long run.
- It is generally believed that it clears the sinuses.
- Before attempting this Kapalbhati exercise or any physical exercises you must consult your doctor.
- Though there is no age bar for practicing Kapalbhati pranayama,but expecting mothers, heart patients and patients with high blood pressure should not practice it without consulting their doctors.
- The best time to do this exercise is in the early morning on an empty stomach. Both can be practiced at least five hours after the last meal.
- It should not be done immediately after taking the food.
- Also, one should not eat immediately after kapalbhati.
- While doing kapalbhati, don’t go against your body. Listen to your body and based on it, reduce or increase the speed of breathing.
Kapalbhati is one of the best ways you can start your journey towards total health. But during this journey disciplined lifestyle has to be maintained. Kapalbhati can show more effects only when your lifestyles are scientific and health oriented.